Mileage : 91.701 Kms
First registration date : 1965
Color : Green
Interior color : Tan
Power (kw) : 67
Power (cv) : 91
Cubic capacity : 1000cc
Number of cylinders : 4
Fuel type : Petrol
Gearbox : Manual
Layout : RWD
Number of seats : 2
Tipo di motore 1092/01
1092cc – 104 HP (ASA 411 racing version)
Gearbox: 4 speed with overdrive
Exterior color : Verde (green)
Interior color : Marrone pelle (maroon leather)
- 1 of 90 or so cars built in Coupe from 1964 to 1966
- 1965: Delivered new to Francesco Biondi, Catania, Italy. First registration with number plate CT 135600 (see copy of original italian Libretto)
- 2004: Sold to Aldo Cigognini, Milano, Italy, President of ASA International Register.
- 2004-2005: 10 month complete restoration by Officina Terzi of Treviglio and Officina Girola in Saronno, both in Milan, Italy.
- 2005: ASI certification
- 2006: Participated at Concorso Villa d’Este
- 2014: Sold to current owner
- 2018: Engine redone for 32.000 EUR
The green livery complements perfectly the restrained and concise styling of this little coupé, and the biscuit colored upholstery is impeccable. The compact interior has a sporty feel worthy of a big GT car, with its three-spoke wooden steering wheel and dashboard boasting six instruments positioned neatly in front of the driver.
The engine is in fact a “slice” of the V12 engine of a 250 GT, four cylinders that produces 87 HP at 7000 RPM, and as the car only weighs 780 KG it is capable of 190 KM/h.
It was to Sicily, and more precisely to the town of Catania, that this ASA 1000 GT was delivered new, to Francesco Biondi. In 2004, it passed into the hands of Aldo Cigognini, none other than the President of the International ASA register, the only recognized club for the marque.
A passionate ASA enthusiast, he worked for a long time for the De Nora family, the family who created the brand Autocostruzioni Società per Azioni, ASA, to produce the Bertone 1000, a model derived from the Ferrarina 854 developped by Ferrari.
As an engineer, Mr Cigognini was closely involved in the amazing ASA adventure, knowing all key personalities. As head of the club, he has regularly helped marque enthusiasts in the research and restoration of their cars. He was therefore extremely well qualified to restore his own car, seeking out the best craftsmen in Milan to carry out a restoration that approached perfection.
The result is splendid, with not the slightest detail left to chance, right down to period accessories such at the boot-straps holding the jack in place and the SNAP exhaust tips. The current owner, the engine was completely redone in 2018, at great cost with an invoice of 32.000 EUR in the file.
Documents coming with the car:
- Uso e manutenzione (original)
- Parti di ricambi (original)
- Original italian libretto from 1965 (copy)
- Original black plates (copy)
- Last italian carta di circolazione from 2005 (copy)
- ASI gold plate from 2006 (original)
- ASI certificate di identita (copy)
- ACI-CSAI fiche regolarita from 2006 (copy)
- Magazine article on car: April 2008, Automobilismo d’Epoca
- Invoices with service history
- Photo file: during, after restoration
This Italian rarity from the 60s is ready to be driven and enjoyed by its new owner.
Do not hesitate to contact us !